Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day Sixteen - A Song That Makes You Cry (or nearly)

Day Sixteen - A Song That Makes Me Cry (or nearly)


There are a couple that have been tough for me at different times in my life. Here they are and why:
I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe - Because I first heard it shortly before my dear friend Stacey passed away and it was playing when I got in the car to leave her funeral.

How Great Thou Art hymn - because it was played at my dad's parent's funerals and once at a church retreat. I had never heard it played by anyone at my church and had not heard it since the funerals when all of a sudden there it was at the church retreat. I completely broke down crying and had to leave the worship meeting.

I'm Already There by Lonestar - I was fine with this song for a long time. But one of the radio stations here (Ft Riley) plays it with voice overs of kids and wives saying stuff about their Soldier dad or husband being gone. It's just sad.

Don't Take The Girl by Tim McGraw

Well, this is depressing. That's enough of the sad songs! Sad songs say so much. --Elton John

0 comments: