Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Home is where our hearts are

We made a visit to Texas over the holidays. It was an incredible time with friends, family, food and favorites that we have missed while a world away. There were people we didn't have a chance to see and that makes me more sad than the missed Whataburger taquitos and Joe's BBQ. 8 more months is not that long...we'll be there before we know it, and then we won't feel like we have to cram everything in one visit! The next few posts will be about the visit, but I'm making them while also making dinner, eating, and probably will continue over a couple days...please be patient.


We arrived in time for a family bday party for my cousin Kimberly's youngest, Trevor. I have no pics of the actual bday because I was on camera duty with her camera. See her blog for those. She's in the side bar. Yes, I could link it here, but I'm lazy like that.


The next day we visited with my other side of the family, cousin Nikki, aunt Nancy, and grandmother Mimi.


Four generation pic. Mimi, Nancy, Nikki and her girls Ashleigh and Emily. Her son Beau was off somewhere being 16.---and Stephen is not in these photos as he and Jim are engrossed in football. It is on during the waking hours in America! What a treat!


Me and Mimi


Use to be my dog Dude. Now he's Nikki's family's dog, Duke. He jumped all over me for about 20 minutes. He misses me! :) But he is obviously so happy and well cared for and loved in their home.

Back at Kimberly and Ryan's with their kids Aaron and Allison.


French Onion Dip with cousins Kimberly and Kristy.

Kimberly's 3 and Kristy's new Kaylee. Look at that grin on Trevor! Thanks Aaron for allowing the picture. It's a good one!

Another of Kimberly, Aaron and me (borrowing one of Allison's supercute bows!)

Aunt Paulette and Uncle Dale.

0 comments: