Sunday, January 11, 2009

The lasts...

I think I may have mentioned a time or two that we are in our LAST year here. I got a funny look when (back in June 08) I told Stephen that we had purchased our last box of fabric softener. We get the big box of 250 sheets, and I knew we weren't going to need to buy more.
Yesterday, I talked to my friend, Marisa, whose family will move in June. She mentioned to me that she had just replaced the baking soda in her refrigerator, and had purchased the last box of it in Germany! I smiled knowing that feeling! It seems kind of strange, but you look for those things when you are excited about a move!
I also mentioned to my friend Patricia that my countdown says 180 days. She and her husband are due to move in August as well. She paused for a moment and said "wait, when are you counting down to?" and at the same time, we both said "JUNE!" and laughed. Because you don't really have to count those last two months because by then you are shipping your car and packing the house and making appointments, reservations,plans and taking leave!

Here are some other lasts and so many mores that I've been thinking of:
2 more EO Observances for Stephen
? more events for me--maybe 4
5 more cans of coffee
0 more body washes
0 more lotions
3 (ish) more months of winter
1 more trip (if we don't make other spur of the moment ones)
3 or 4 more Community Information Forums
2 more town halls

I guess that's enough for now. I don't want to get ahead of myself! :)

0 comments: