Saturday, January 17, 2009

US Airways Flight 1549 crash-landed in the Hudson River

and we heard very near when it happened. But we get all the shows a little delayed. Our Letterman that was on yesterday was from Jan 15 evening. So we got the news and this type picture:


but, we are just now really seeing interviews with people and the whole thing kind of unfolding. At noon today (Jan 17) we are seeing the O'Reilly from yesterday in the states. --Just giving you some background. So, while we are ahead 7 hours on the clock, we are behind as many on our incoming news stories. Feeds/internet info, etc, is all same time, but you are looking for it and reading it. Some videos, too, but I'm never looking. Just usually KC, is sending me something she's seen.
ANYWAY...my point is. wow. how incredible. I cannot believe no one panicked. I cannot believe everyone survived. incredible. Bill O'Reilly, who I do not love, but watch because SB likes the show, interviewed a couple whose husband was on the plane and texted his wife as the plane was going down. "plane on fire. I love you and the girls." I told SB...if you did that, just put I love you. You know she was 12 kinds of freaking out until she found out he was okay! anyway, it was very touching. She was fighting tears for a lot of it, and lost that battle near the end of the interview. I'd be crying for a month because my mind would race constantly with the what ifs.
They talked about how this really makes you rethink your priorities and what you value and how blessed you are to have what you have in your life (in their case their marriage and children). Thank God for the opportunity to do that!

0 comments: