Saturday, May 12, 2007

Austin, Texas

Our usual Saturday morning involves Rachel Ray's $40 a day. Today she was in AUSTIN!! We saw her shop at Waterloo Records (Emerald's in the background), she ate breakfast at Taco Express, walked by Whole Foods, had lunch in "fancy Austin" at Cafe Josie, went shopping again at Sheplers off Ben White, and had dinner at Salt Lick and drinks/music at the Continental Club. They also flashed to Romeos, Green Mesquite, and Shady Grove on Barton Hills, Jazz, Pete's Piano Bar, Ivory Cat, The Ritz, The Roxy, and a few other 6th street hot spots.
Of course they showed the capital, the skyline and the hill country drive to Driftwood.

Nice reminders of home. :)
we miss y'all.

6 comments:

carrmomma said...

You know, I have never seen that Rachel Ray show. And I am glad to say that all of the places (Waterloo, Taco Express, Whole Foods, Continental Club) she went are places that we actually go to on a regular basis - normal people places. I am surprised that she didn't go to Bookpeople. Mmmmm....Salt Lick. Maybe we'll hafta go there when y'all come home. miss you too~kc

dwl said...

The episode she did in Alvin featured Busy Bee, Joe's and of course, tortilla burgers at Dairy Land! For interesting/fun things to see and do she suggested taking 288 north into Houston.

;-)

carrmomma said...

Did she really got to Alvin or are you yanking my chain??? And a tortilla burger to boot???

Heather and Stephen said...

hahahaha!! I was laying on the couch and SB said, did you read these comments yet? He read them and I said, "she didn't really go to Alvin...right?" he said, "I don't think so."

dwl said...

Are you kidding me!? It IS the freaking hometown of Nolan Ryan!

CG said...

Greg and I always laughed at that show when we had free cable. We (and 3 cats) live on $50 a week for food, clothing, toilet paper, soap, everything... It's hilarious to watch Rachel barely eke by on $280 a week to feed just herself!

I have seen the Austin episode, though, and enjoyed it as well- just knowing it was close to where we were at the time. In fact, I think she's been to Austin twice.

Thanks for your comments, Dallas! They made my day. We'll have to make some tortilla burgers this week. We'll post photos on one of our blogs for those of you who've never had one. They are way more legendary than Nolan Ryan.