Thursday, May 17, 2007

Day 11

Still raining. It is very dreary out. But I think I'm about to be busy! I was tasked yesterday afternoon with leading the coordination of our incoming commanders Change of Command Reception. :) Kind of exciting! Now...I just need a little guidance. That should come today when MAJ W gets back from training and has a minute.

Today is Christi Himmelfahrt day in Germany. All the Germans have the day off, which would explain why everyone was partying in the streets last night in Burstadt! Apparently, this is a Christian holiday, otherwise known as Ascension Day, which celebrates Jesus' ascent into heaven 40 days after his resurrection.

Just got an email with the contact # of the caterer! I'm off to do some work!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christy Himmelfart!!!I can't wait to tell the boys!