Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Roses, pies and toes

I was going to post pictures of our roses again, but forgot to bring the cable from home to load the pics. I'll load them at home tonight. The yellow bush has about 5 roses on it, and we just saw 2 red ones beginning to bud on the other bush. I've never had rose bushes before. I rather like them and think I will have them always. :)

Today is an "organizational day" for 2nd Signal Bde. They are outside playing horseshoes, volleyball, and tug-o-war! They had a lot of food and a fund raiser for the FRG. Pie in the face. It is such a great idea, and super cheap and easy to do! You just get some pie plates (not actual pies) fill them with whipped cream and people pay big $$ to put it in someone's face. The commander went for $280!!! All the soldiers pooled their money. And then all the money goes to the FRG.

I'm not doing a lot at work today, most of the soldiers are at a softball game somewhere. I missed out on it. 's ok, though, I'm heading out of here in a couple of hours to get my toes done.

Hope everyone is having a good day. :)
~h

2 comments:

Kim said...

Pie in the face.. sounds fun!

I love getting my toes done. I am due for a pedicure! Love you! Have a great day!

carrmomma said...

Pie in the face sounds like it could be a new camp tradition. I'm not sure that people would pay money to do it, but it sure would be fun!